BARRONS BISTRO FRESHWATER CAIRNS FOR SALE
Located at the popular departure destination at Freshwater Station, Barrons Bistro has serviced Kuranda Scenic Railway patrons and locals for many years. Perfectly melding history and tranquillity, the idyllic, scenic views of the surrounding mountains and expansive green spaces offer an unrivalled dining experience.
Wholesome meals and refreshments can be enjoyed on the covered platform, in the quaint outdoor garden shade setting or for a truly unique experience, in an authentic, antique railway carriage. The bistro comes to life with a buzzing atmosphere each morning as streams of travellers await the train’s departure, offering a wholly captive market rarely enjoyed in such a competitive tourist city.
Versatility truly is at the heart of this business offering, with the hugely successful High Tea Trolley an additional weekend income stream which offers immense potential for growth. Weddings and functions are perfectly catered for within the space thanks to a healthy 150 pax seating capacity, once again adding to the appeal of this hugely versatile business.
Offering a work-life balance, the bistro currently trades convenient hours from 7am to 10am 7 days a week, with the potential for new owners to expand into lunch and dinner offerings should they wish.
The founding Owners have now decided to market their business for sale.
Features of the business opportunity include:
• Absolute captive tourist market, with Freshwater Connection being the busiest departure point for Kuranda Scenic Rail
• Beneficial partnership with one of Cairns’ “must do” tourism leaders
• Long established business which also boasts local clientele support
• Fully equipped, spacious, air-conditioned commercial kitchen with fit-out and Plant and Equipment appraised at circa $70K
• Ample adjacent customer parking
• Compressed Grab and go food offer on weekdays, which reduces onerous labour costs
• Predictable sales pattern and turnover
• COVID resilient business despite continual disruptions to rail services during the pandemic
• On-site expansive office, dry store, chemical store, staff room and toilets
• All High-tea trolley equipment on-site for immediate use
• Wedding and function friendly space
• Liquor Licence available for resumption from QLD Rail if desired
• Owner friendly working hours 6am to 11.30am 7 days
• Potential to extend hours and expand into outside catering
• New 10 year lease for a Buyer at very affordable rate
• Profitable financials
With Cairns Airport arrivals nearing record levels recently, Barrons Bistro is ideally positioned to flourish in the future. Queensland Rail will be resuming a second Kuranda service.
Opportunities to secure such a captive tourist market rarely arise; experienced food operators and those with a passion for hospitality are urged to inspect!